Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Acupuncture...

As most of you know, I have been suffering horrendous migraines, since Jack was about 6 months old. I have begun acupuncture, and am on week 3. I go twice a week - and have some wonderful Mama friends here in the Harbor that care for the kiddos while I go. It seems to be working wonders. The acupuncturist is first working on my "overall well-being and depleted energy", and then will focus primarily on my migraines. I was so nervous my first session, but it is AMAZING. I cannot rave enough about it. I don't think I'll ever stop going. Luckily, with Brian's new job, we have fabulous insurance that does cover acupuncture (or else, it's incredibly spendy).
I'm hoping & praying that this can help with my migraines.
It's a slow process, but one I'm willing to go through. Migraines are truly an excruciating disease to deal with, and it's hard to understand unless you've endured one yourself... which I would NEVER wish upon ANYONE!!! But, I am really trying to stay positive, and hope that all this self care (acupuncture, taking time outs for myself, trying to alleviate as much stress as possible) will pay off!

Just wanted to keep everyone updated.

Overall, we are all doing great. Gearing up for all the fabulous fun Fall activities. We have a Dragon costume for Jack for Halloween, but not sure if he'll go for it, or back out at the last minute. :)
Maggie will be the sweet little pumpkin she is (in a pumpkin costume).
I will attempt pictures and post!

Love to you all! xoxo
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!