Friday, April 29, 2011

Just some fun pics to share...

We had a busy week, (it seems that is usual for us...).
I took some fun pictures too... so rather than telling you every detail of our week... I'll just share some fun photos... (and, I'll admit, I'm a bit tired... so I'd probably end up writing something incoherent with a lot of typos, so I'll save us all the pain... ).

 We hosted a playdate at our house on Monday, with some of our new and old friends (through the Mom's/Kiddo's Group we're in)... it was a lot of fun!
 Look at all those cuties!
 Maggie was very fond of Fritz... :)
 Not so sure he felt the same... :p
 He's showing a little interest (above picture...)...
 and Maggie dives right in... trying to give Fritz a smooch...
 I think he's trying very hard to politely tell her "no, thank you"...
 Jackson had so much fun with Griffin.
Griffin is my BF Niki's nephew... he is about 6 months younger than Jack... and they always have so much fun playing together! We are always happy when Niki is able to bring Griff along to playdates... he's such a cool kiddo.
 Miss Maggie taking a little break from all the action... and playing with "baby" Jackson's Giraffe, Sophie... I think he's gonna want it back, Maggs... don't get too attached.
 This is just PURE sweetness! Niki's little guy, Jackson... all tuckered out from lots and lots of playing... 
He is so cute! He literally, just fell asleep sitting on the couch with his Mama. He looks pretty content to me :)

 I found a spot... well, sort of ... for the "spring" wreath I made a few weeks ago. It is hanging in our front living room, over the fireplace. There isn't a mantle and it's brick, so the best I could do was use a suction cup, and "hang" it from the mirror. It looks ok... but, it isn't the exact right spot for it... not sure I'll ever find one... HA!
 I was just playing around with my camera this week (please don't take the below photo as an example... bad lighting, bad angle, bad ... well, just about everything - besides the plaque I was attempting to capture). I love this saying... Niki gave this to me a while back, and I have always loved it, and have always found a special place in our home for it.
 I LOVE Sunflowers! They are one of my favorite flowers! These ones are absolutely gorgeous.
I bought them at Trader Joe's for Easter, and they are still going strong. They are so beautiful, and they just remind me that spring really is here... just not exactly showing us much ... yet.
 Yes, flowers are so easy to photograph.
But, they are also so gorgeous.
So, all in all... these pictures make me happy... 
because I took them, and they are pretty. :)
But, again... flowers are pretty hard to not get a good picture of.
 This one (below) is my favorite. I love the flowers (of course), but also the pitcher they are in. My Grandmother gave me the pitcher, and I have always loved it. I never use it for what a pitcher is truly for... but, have always used it for a vase... and I think it does the job well!
 Again... just playing around with my camera... 
but, this little plaque (below) is another one of my favorite things we have.
Another thing from my Grandmother... hmm... she knows my taste :)
She gave this to Brian and I, this past year for Christmas, and I just adore it.
Hope you enjoyed the complete randomness of this post... :) And, the pictures...
I have many many many more where these came from. I'm also having a lot of fun with a new photo program, that allows you to change little things in a photo (ie. aging it, etc.). I'll have some fun ones to show you soon.

Lastly, have some WONDERFUL news to share... my Grandmother went from the hospital last week, to a Rehabilitation Center for her to receive some physical therapy for her knees, etc. after her surgery. Well... she only had to stay at the Center for 2 days, and was able to go home yesterday afternoon! I talked with her today, and she was so happy to be home, as I'm sure we can all imagine! She said she had slept really well last night, and was just overall very happy to be back home, and sleeping in her own bed. My Aunt, Kathy will be staying with her... until my Grandmother feels fully comfortable & strong enough to be alone. So, thank you to everyone who has held my Grandma in their thoughts and prayers. It has meant a lot... during a difficult and stressful time. I'm so relieved, happy and feeling blessed that she was able to regain her strength, and be able to be home where she can sleep, eat, etc. all comfortably and have some privacy... as we all know how hospitals are... :p
We love you, Grandma... and are beyond HAPPY you are home! xoxo

We hope each and every one of you have a wonderful weekend.
Love,
The Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!