Friday, July 17, 2009

Our first day SOLO!!!!








Today was Brian's first day back to work, after being home with us for 2 weeks. It was bittersweet. It was so hard to see him go, and all of his loving, wonderful help. But, we also knew this day was coming, and someone needs to bring home the bacon! :)
Jack woke up asking for "Daddy", as Daddy has been getting up with him in the morning, and making him breakfast, while Maggie and Mama sleep in from our long nights....
But, all went well this morning. Breakfast was a little chaotic, trying to get Jack fed, Maggie nursed and Buster fed, without any meltdowns. Needless to say, it didn't go on without any meltdowns, but we made it.

Then, we ventured to the park! It was a lot of fun, but hard for Jack to understand he couldn't drag me around as usual and have me play with him. I did have Maggie in a carrier - front pack, which made me able to have both hands free to play a little with Jack.

Then, we came home, had lunch and I actually was able to get both Jack and Maggie napping at the same time! MIRACLE! Jack didn't nap long, but Maggie did!
I tried to nap, but am still having a hard time settling down and not worrying that if I fall asleep I won't hear them if they need me. Well, I would certainly hear Maggie as she is in bed with me, but even with the monitor, I worry I won't hear Jack. This was always a constant worry for me when he was a newborn as well. I'm hoping I can get past that, because I am quite tired this afternoon. I did have a Starbucks this am. I figured I deserved a treat on my first day solo with 2 munchkins.... something I definitely CANNOT get used to!
It was very HOT today, so after naps, we just hung out at home in the A/C. Both kiddos are doing great, and we are looking forward to Daddy coming home from work soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!