Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Crose Baby's Arrival!

As most of you know, one of my best friend's, Niki is the most amazing, fabulous, kind-hearted and just purely sweet by nature! We have been friends since high school - both from The Dalles, and then we also both went to the University of Oregon together, and were roomates for 3 out of the 4 years we were there. So, needless to say, we are close.
I was in her wedding over 2 years ago... and since moving back to Portland, we've become even closer. She is just a pure joy to be around. She loves Jack and Maggie, and they both adore her.

Some of you may or may not know this, but Niki and her husband Matt, lost their precious daughter, Hannah Avery in March of 2009. Niki was full term, and the cause of Hannah's passing is still unknown. This, of course, was the most difficult thing as a Mother I could imagine going through. It was beyond painful to be living in Gig Harbor, WA - (Niki lives in Lake Oswego), knowing she was hurting so badly, and I couldn't be there to give her a hug. At the time, I was also pregnant with Maggie.

After, Hannah's passing, I truly realized not only are Niki and Matt amazing friends and people in general, they are the strongest and most compassionate people I have ever met. They dealt with the worst situation imaginable, but just for example, Niki still attended my baby shower for Maggie. That shows what an amazingly strong person she is. Again, that is just one small example of her strength, I could go on and on with how strong she and Matt both are!

Well... when I found out she was pregnant in late January- I was over the MOON with excitment for both she and Matt. I knew it would be a hard, difficult, emotional and looooong 9 months for the both of them. But, again, knew that they are strong, and would rely on all the hard work they had done in working through their grief with Hannah's death, and try and make it the best 9 months possible.

But, I can say with tears in my eyes, and the biggest smile that last night - August 24th, at 10:54pm, Niki gave birth to the most beautiful baby boy! He is absolutely perfect!
He was born at 37 weeks, after an amnio was done to show that his lungs were developed, and he is pure beauty. He weighed 7lbs, 7oz., and 20.5" long.

So, I'd love to tell all of you how proud I am of Niki and Matt... and welcome with the MOST JOY, Mr. Jackson Thomas Crose.


Is he not the sweetest, cutest baby ever! Look at those pink cheeks! Pure love! And, he does have hair under that hat (one of the 1st things I asked Niki :) )... He is so precious, and truly a blessing to their entire family & friends!

Jackson is a family name for them, and we are quite honored that they like the name as much as we do! When I told our Jack about baby Jackson, he was more excited that baby Jackson's middle name was Thomas - like Thomas the Train :) HA!

I cannot wait to meet this little guy and cuddle him. He is going to be a very loved and nurtured baby, as he truly does have the most amazing parents ever!
Love to the Crose's!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!