Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Catching up... a little crafting...

As most of you know, I like to craft, ok, I LOVE to craft. I really really really LOVE it. Not only is it a fun hobby that I enjoy, it is a complete stress reliever for me, to get creative, and be in the present on what I am working on.

I am learning all sorts of new ways in which to fulfill this fun hobby, without breaking the bank. As, if any of you are crafters of any sort, you know that it is NOT a cheap hobby!

So, this is one of my simple crafts that I did a bit over 2 weeks ago. It was fun, it was quick, and best of all it was CHEAP. I had all of the supplies, besides the letter "W", which I had purchased a while ago (for $2.99!), but had not gotten to deciding what I wanted to do with it.... paint, decoupage with paper, cover in fabric, ribbon??? I decided upon fabric that I had leftover from a separate project, added some ribbon that was also leftover, along with some buttons that were hanging around my many craft boxes... and viola a much cuter "W".

This, again, was so EASY!!!!

Started out as a plain cardboard "W" letter purchased from Craft Warehouse for a whopping $2.99
 Fabric that I had on hand, but not a lot... so it had to be used in a fair small project.
This fit perfectly.
 Laid the "W" onto the fabric...
 My "go to" easy peasy craft glue... to glue the fabric onto the "W"
 ... and TA DA... a much more eye appealing "W"
I added some ribbon (that I already had, but not much, as well as a few buttons to add a little "pizzaz")... and it came out looking like this!
I really like it...
Now... where shall it go?
Oveall, a super fun, quick craft for a "W" that had been waiting to be decorated for far too long!
If you make a "letter", I would LOVE to see your end result!
So, don't forget to share!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!