Friday, March 4, 2011

A visit to Nana Bette's!

Today, Jack, Maggie and I went to visit Nana Bette/Grandma Bette. As she is my Grandmother, but Jack has always called her Nana, and of course, Maggie follows suit!
(isn't that what all little sisters do? Jack sure thinks so!!!)

We had such a nice time with her, and it was fun to finally catch up, play with the kiddos, have a yummy lunch and just spend time together.

Although we live very close (only about a 5 minute drive from our house to hers!), she is very busy, and as most of you know, we are too! So, coordinating schedules can get a bit tricky sometimes...!!!

Needless to say, we were due for a fun visit... and that is what we had!!!

Nana Bette not only always has fun new toys, but also always always always has a cookie jar... full of yummy cookies. Jackson is sure to remind me about the cookies at Nana's house, anytime we are headed there! :)
He loves to go over there, and play with all of the toys she has, and of course, he has taught Maggie where they all are, and she loves it too!!!


We'll be happy once summer arrives, and our schedule slows down a bit - (no MOPS, etc. during the summer months), and can spend more time with Nana Bette. Also, she'll be able to join us at our house more often then. She is really allergic to Buster :( , so coming over to our house is very hard on her... we tend to go to her house when the weather is bad... so she doesn't have to deal with the after effects of Buster... but, during the summer, we love having her over - as we practically live in our backyard during the summer...

... a BIG Thank You to Nana Bette from Jack and Maggie, and a Big Thank You to Grandma Bette from me, as it was so nice for you to have us over today. We had a great time, and LOVED seeing you.


ps. The kids both took good naps when we got home too!!! :p
Enjoy the pictures... they are, as always, a-dorable!!!
 Nana and Maggie!
Love these photos of them... so.very.sweet!
 Happy Jackson!
Loves Nana and Loves Nana Cookies!!!
 pure.sweetness.

Serious Cookie Business
 
Cookie Monster on our hands!

 cuddles...

Many people have commented on Maggie looking like my Grandmother...
This is a picture of her, when I think she was about 6 years old with two of her brothers...
Look at those curls and sweetness!

 Below is a picture of my Great Grandparents.
My Grandmother Bette's, Mother and Father.
I, sadly, didn't get to know them. My Great Grandfather had passed prior to my birth, and my Great Grandmother shortly after I was born.
However, I have heard wonderful stories of them both.

Oh, and if you didn't know ... Maggie is also named after my Grandmother.
Marjorie Elizabeth Ann
(but we call her Maggie, or Magpie, Maggs, Magadoodle, Magbug, Maggie-doo, Maggie-poo, Miss Maggs, Gorgeous, Sweetpea, and lately... Miss Maggie with an attitud-y)

However, Grandma Bette is the original Elizabeth Ann (but has always gone by Bette)
Marjorie, is Brian's Paternal Grandmother's name...
I hope to have a post on the original Marjorie soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!