Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas is almost here....


Christmas is almost here... it's hard to believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and even harder to imagine that Jack is 2 and Maggie is almost 6 months old.
I, fully intended for this post to have all of my favorite moments of 2009, but there are just WAY TOO MANY to chose from - however, over dinner tonight, Brian and I were talking and one really funny one came to mind.

Jackson, my complete fruit lover (if you've ever met the kid, you'd know this) was at the park with some friends, and me of course having a playdate this summer. One of the little girls spit out a piece of cantaloupe onto the ground, then a random dog (no owner near) came by and licked it, and then my darling child picked it up - AND BEFORE I COULD PRY IT FROM HIS HANDS - put it in his mouth and ate it. Happy as a clam.
I don't do things like that, and I wind up with Swine Flu. I guess my kiddos are blessed with great immune systems, which is good thing, especially if Maggie is anything like her older brother.

We will be hosting Christmas Eve and Christmas this year. I'm excited, and honestly, a bit stressed. I know my lovely Mother in Law will help a ton, it's just a lot to do... and I've been putting off way tooo much (thank you Eggnog Latte this afternoon for a pick me up).

But, I am so excited to finally use the China that was my Grandmother's and that she gave to Brian and me for our wedding gift - along with a beautiful antique hutch and antique dining room table and chairs.
Lastly, we are all blessed in one way or another. I'm sad that I won't be with my side of the family this Christmas, but they are on my heart and mind this year.
I love you all, and wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love,
Brooke
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!