Thursday, February 2, 2012

No promises...

I have finally come to terms with the fact that having two small children, I cannot make any promises of how often the blog will be updated (yes... me writing typing this, is much more for me, than anyone else). :)
No matter how hard I try... I can't seem to keep up with our blog... so, no more promises from me, as I seem to set myself up, feel guilty (over something as silly as not keeping our family blog updated, that I'm fairly sure approximately 2.5 people actually read), stress over writing on the blog, and then end up with mile long posts due to not updating in so long.
I can promise that I will continue posting updates. But, no deadline promises, anymore!
(as I'm pretty certain, those were just for me... and, clearly it wasn't working...).
Here's what we've been up to... (ok, really what we were up to around Christmas time)...
Hope you all (2.5 peeps) enjoy!!! :)

(ps. I am going to attempt to blog my progress, through the book "Organized Simplicity" ~ if you have read it (please be patient with me), and if you haven't, you should check it out... if you feel that your home is not only unorganized, but lacking the feeling you would love it to convey). If this is something that I do indeed have time to do (that is, document my hopeful progress, it will be on a separate tag, so that those who have no interest, can skip it all together!).

Jackson's AWESOME "Parking Garage" that Jackson and Mama built... ALL BY THEMSELVES!
(yes, I think I was a bit more proud than Jackson! :) It was a two evening process... first the painting of the cardboard, then the actual construction... And, it was so much fun!)
 Cousin Love!
(this was actually taken towards the end of Summer, 2011! ~ But, it's such a great picture! It was the first Duck Game of the Season, and all of the cousins were ready to cheer on our Favorite Team!!!!
 Sweet Maggie Girl...
This is what happens (above photo) when little girls don't go to bed when they're supposed to... and then have to get up early to take their big brother to school.
They fall asleep in their beds while their Mama is doing laundry, just minutes after getting home from taking Big Brother to school! :)
(it was so sweet to find her all nestled in her bed with all of her "babies", that she had been playing with, surrounding her!).
 One Cute Daddy,
With Two Cute Munchkins!
 I know, Valentine's Day is upon us... 
and I feel like am still catching up from Christmas....
I'm thinking, at this rate,
all of the Christmas stuff in the garage that 
still needs to be organized, labeled, and (some) donated,
will just be there waiting for me next Christmas!
 Jackson having fun at the Disney Store (in December!) when we went on a special Mommy-Jackson date. We went Christmas shopping, and he had so much fun!
He was so sweet in picking out "Holly", the bear from Build a Bear, that he chose for Maggie for Christmas.
He washed, cleaned, brushed Holly. 
And, then picked out the perfect Christmas dress, with shoes and a bonnet for Holly to wear!
 Cute guy!
His feet were hurting, when we finally left the mall...
he told me, "Mama, you shop for sooo long. I can't shop for so long. 
You make my feet hurt!".
Ha, for most who know me, feel the same!!! :)
Making Christmas Decorations...
Adorable "Pinecone Trees"
 ... Maggie made one too!
 Here is Jack's beautiful ornament hanging on the tree!
 Maggie's looked beautiful too!

Maggie, caught wearing the "Birthday Crown".
It was worn (for a very short period of time, not even long enough to capture a photo)
by Papa as we celebrated his birthday a few days prior to Christmas!
Such a Silly Girl!
Two Tired Boys!
 Christmas is Exhausting!!! Especially when it includes a new Buzz Lightyear, and the BEST (boy) Cousin in the whole world!!!
We love you, Chris and miss you lots!!!
More Cousin Love!!!
Jack and Maggie LOVED having their cousins, Michelle, Chris and Ashley to play with them, and all of their new goodies!
Ashley teaching Maggie how to use her cell phone (????).
Oh Goodness, it's starting early!!! :)

We had such a wonderful Christmas, spent with Family. We loved having everyone at our home this year, and it meant so much to us to have Family with us, as we celebrated such an amazing day!
(We have so many more Christmas photos to share, but I'm afraid at this rate, it'll be Christmas 2012 before I finish posting everything from Christmas 2011! :p)....

Big Hugs and Love from each of us!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!