Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Weeks' weeks thanks & blessings... take II

I did intend on writing and posting this on Sunday (as in two weeks ago, at the present moment!)... yet, it is now Monday, Wednesday, a WEEK PAST the day I first attempted began writing this post... and is TUESDAY Wednesday... (again, of the FOLLOWING week!
Whew, I think I might just have to start "pre-writing" posts, when I get the itch, and write as much as possible! HA!).
We've I've been busy around here gearing up for the big day of LOVE that is tomorrow putting Valentine decorations and goodies away! As it, (again!) was LAST WEEK (!!!) (Valentine's!!! Day!!!).
Which, I think I had once said wasn't one of my favorite holidays... I've changed my mind! I am loving all of the extra LOVE that comes with Valentine's, and yes although some consider it a "hallmark holiday", I do think it's really fun to show those you care and love about how much you care and love about them EXTRA on this day!

The kiddos and I have had had a lot of fun creating all sorts of new crafts that are red, pink, and heart shaped!
I'll try to get have some fun photos tomorrow sometime soon, of our LOVEFEST over here, to share....

Here are last last weeks Weeks' Thanks & Blessings... We are still very thankful and feeling blessed!
1. Finding a fun place to take the munchkins on rainy days that they BOTH enjoy, and will eat lunch their too! So fun, in fact... we took Daddy there on Saturday night for dinner and playtime! (our first choice was to go bowling, but we didn't plan in right -timewise- and it was over an hour wait for a bowling lane... we'll try that again next time!).
BIG Bouncy house with BIG Slide! 
This guy was in heaven!!!!
 Cutie driving her pink car!
2. Coming across an "old" SWEET SWEET photo on my phone!
3. Brian, being the best hubby in the world.. and coming home early (& surprising me!)... just because he knows I'm exhausted and not feeling 100%! (and being so sweet on Valentine's Day! I awoke to find sweet little notes from him all over the house. And, some very special cards and a gorgeous plant! What more could a girl ask for? Nothin'!!! I'm so blessed!!!). BEST HUBBY award goes to... (drumroll...) Brian Weeks. He's just the best, and spoils me crazy!

4. Overhearing the following conversation between my two lovies:
Jackson: "maggie, why do you keep following me all around the house, every where I go?"
Maggie: "cause you my big brodder an i willy willy wuv you. dak, i wuv you wit alla me heart."
Jackson: "awww, maggie. you're so cute, come over here and gimme a big hug!"
I am one proud Mama!
5. Maggie deciding that maybe the potty is a good idea... she seems to still be in decision making mode, but at least it's a decision on her mind! We'll take it!!!
6. Having some fabulous MOPS friends "rescue" me when I (once again...) had taken on too much, and was feeling a wee bit a lot stressed about getting a project done by Friday! Thank you Thank you Thank you, C & C!!!!
7. MOPS Friday! I always look forward to the every other Friday that we have MOPS. Not only is it a great time for me to enjoy conversation and time focusing on my faith with wonderful friends, but the kiddos both have such a great time in their own classrooms too! (note: and since it's taken me over a week to write this post... we are looking forward to MOPS this coming Friday! :p)
 Silly girl riding the horse at MOPS like a craaaazy girl! :)


8. Decorating for Valentine's Day
9. Watching the kiddos get so excited about their Valentine's Day mailboxes, and patiently waiting for some incoming mail. :)
10. Jackson "writing" a card to his BF Bailey, because Bailey has been sick. He was soooo excited to put it in the mailbox, AND put up the flag for the postman to "come and pick it up, and drive it over to Bailey's house".
11. Seeing my sweet Jackson have such empathy and compassion for his friend, B. Even though he was disappointed that their playdate had to be canceled, he really was so much more worried about her not feeling good, and wanting her to feel healthy again... than he was about not getting to have a fun afternoon. In his words, "it's ok, mama. we can invite her over when she feels healthy, and has lots of energy to play with me. i think right now she needs to rest and snuggle with her mama. she'll feel better soon." aaaaawwwww! love that boy!
12. Maggie's evening, night, middle of the night, early morning, and mid morning "nuggles". Just hearing her sweet, raspy, half asleep voice saying "mama, you nuggle me two minutes?" is all I have to hear...
13. Hugs from my sweet hubby when he gets home from work.
14. My in-laws, who are not only amazing Grandparents, but amazing Parents and support to our family. Thank you Papa for accepting Jackson's invitation to his Valentine tea at school tomorrow last week, and inviting our munchkins over this coming last weekend, so that Brian and I can could have a special Valentine's Date!
(It was FABULOUS to eat dinner and actually carry on an uninterrupted conversation!!!)

I'll leave it at 14, as tomorrow is day 14 day 23 of the month! But, at this rate if I were to add 9 more Thanks and Blessings (which come to mind without thinking, it's the process of typing it all out!)

Wishing you all a Valentine's full of Love and Special times! We hope you all had a Valentine's filled with a little extra Love!!!
We were blessed to have this AMAZING cake in our house... wishing it was still here! :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!