Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Feeling Blessed....





Almost 2 years ago (November 9th), a sweet boy came into this world, Jackson William Weeks. My life forever changed, I had become a MOTHER! He was born at 3:01pm, after a wonderful labor and birth process. I was amazed at his beauty, and how much he already looked like Brian, but most of all, I was completely in LOVE. I still am to this day. Now with two of the most gorgeous, adoring, beautiful and kind children.
Jack is now almost 2, and it's amazing how fast the time has flown. I remember the day he entered this world so clearly.

And, Maggie is almost 4 months old, already! I've been feeling over the past few days that I really need to slow things down and enjoy all of the precious moments I have with my husband and two beautiful children. If you know me well enough, you know that I tend to take on a bit much, and try to do it to the very best.
I think that can be put on hold.... I think I need to be the very best at building towers with Jack, and being the very best at cuddling Maggie. And, of course, being the very best at loving my husband. Those things all come easy at being the very best at, yet I sometimes find myself forgetting to be the very best at them, and trying to be the very best at everything else that is not important (housecleaning, cooking, crafting, etc.).

I need to remember to put things into perspective. My children have taught me that, and it was the biggest lesson I needed to learn.

I love them with all of my heart, and as you can tell, Jackson turning 2 is bittersweet for me. I love that he is growing up and becoming so much more self-sufficient, but also am sad to see that sweet little toothless grin is gone, now it's a BIG smile and BIG "hi mama", instead... and I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!