Monday, December 27, 2010

More Christmas Fun....!!!

More Christmas weekend photos (from up at Brian's parent's house) for all to enjoy!

 Maggie wants to do everything her BIG brother does, including drawing and coloring. And, the occassional crinkling, ripping and ruining of papers :)

BIG Brother, Jackson having a lot of fun as we were getting ready to leave. He kept himself busy making lots of drawings for Nana and Papa... just in case they forgot he had been there...

Taking a break from being an Artist to have some more macaroni and cheese. Drawing/Coloring is very hard and exhausting work... really need to have a snack (or the rest of your lunch) on hand!

And, we made it home! Maggie looks like she is thinking and wants to say "I ate too much this weekend!". :)
I think we all felt that way... but, it was all so yummy! Nana is never short on goodies for us when we visit... especially for the kiddos!!! They love it all!
 Deep contemplation... especially for such a little bug! I wish we could read her mind, sometimes!!! :)
 Being a silly girl. I think in the picture above she might be thinking, "I wish we were still at Nana and Papa's house... it is so much fun there!"... I think we all wish our stay could have lasted longer... but, we think that Nana and Papa are probably enjoying today's quiet and hopefully getting some much needed and deserved rest! We hope to make a trip back up in a couple of weeks to support our #1 Team, The Oregon Ducks...
ps. So, you might be seeing this outfit on Maggie again in the very near future! :)

Mommy and Daddy's (Brooke and Brian's) Night Out!
We went to Brian's Firm Holiday Party a couple of weekends ago, and it was so fun and nice. It was very low key, although everyone was very dressed up. The food was great, it was really fun to meet many of his colleagues and their spouses, as well as just have a fun night out just my hubby and me!
And, I will admit, I LOVED getting dressed up - and having a mani/pedi and fixing my hair in something other than a ponytail! I adored the dress I had bought, and loved it even more when I put it on again... that with the cute earrings and shoes - I felt great! I couldn't remember the last time I had worn heals... but, like riding a bicycle, it was as if I had never taken a day off! I do have to say, I am thankful that I don't have to wear them on a daily basis anymore, but it was so fun to wear them, and a DRESS and feel good! Something that is rare, as my usual attire is jeans and a shirt/sweater, or just yoga pants and a tanktop or tshirt. So, this was really stepping it up for me!!!

After getting ready, I came out of our bedroom, and Jack ran up to me, grabbed his cheeks and SCREAMED! He then asked where I was going, and we told him. He told me, "Mama, you look like a princess!". Best compliment I could EVER receive. Such a sweet boy I have... not to mention, I don't think he's ever seen me this dressed up! He was probably wondering if it was really HIS Mama! :)

He did really want to come with us, but we told him we would take him to a fancy dinner sometime, and we'll all get really dressed up... he seemed ok with that, and had fun with the babysitter and Maggie that evening!
 My Sweets and I at the "World Trade Center" Hotel in Downtown Portland, where the Party was held. So gorgeous... looking out the big windows they had enormous lighted snowflakes hanging. So pretty, fun and festive!
 Us again... at home in front of our tree before leaving for the party. Again, what a fun night!
Already looking forward to next year! HA! Although, I will have to get another dress... can't wear the same one 2x, to the same party! :p
I do plan on wearing it on Valentine's Day, if we go somewhere fancy... Brian has a secret in store, and I'm hoping that it will include me being able to wear this gorgeous dress!

Believe it or not, I still have a few more Christmas Photos to share... but, the blog is being difficult, and not allowing me to add them right now... so will try again later!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!