Sunday, December 12, 2010

Really... only 14 days until Christmas... Really???

I cannot believe there are only 14 days until Christmas... WHAT happened to it being July, and me thinking of everything I wanted to make, decorate, bake, etc. for Christmas???
TIME to face reality... Christmas is in 14 (did I mention 14?) days???????

I am proud to say that I am just about D.O.N.E. Christmas shopping (sans a few stocking stuffers that still need to be found and purchased), however, it is the crafting that still needs to be done...err... started - and the wrapping. Oh, the wrapping! Oh, the crafting! Like, I said, I had GRAND ideas to do a lot of homemade gifts this year... and some I have done, finished and already given. However, there are still a few more that need to be STARTED!!! So, I'm hoping that I can get them done in time...

We have been enjoying this incredibly fun and special time of year. Today, we went to a little "bazaar", I guess you would call it - to visit Santa! The line wait was, literally z.e.r.o. Yes, you read that correctly! It was GREAT!!! We had anticipated going to the mall and waiting in line FOREVER, so we were thrilled to have made the decision to head to this little "bazaar", and find that there was hardly anyone there, and we also found other fun things to do there! Jack bounced to his hearts content in the 4 different bouncy houses they had (everything was indoors, thankfully!), we all decorated cookies, made some fun ornaments, attempted writing letters to Santa... and Jack danced & high fived a LOT with a piece of pizza.

It was GREAT that there was no line, and there was room for us all to sit... as Maggie wanted NOTHING to do with Santa... but, as you can see... the picture quality was, well... not good. Oh well, it was fun... and just Jackson's smile alone makes this picture PERFECT! (Poor Maggie - still traumatized from potentially having to sit on Santa's lap :( ).

No, Jackson doesn't have frost bite... just the photo quality :) But, who cares... look at that SMILE!!!

After the "bazaar", we headed to have some lunch... at the Old Spaghetti Factory. Jack LOVED the train car in the middle of the restaurant, and we were lucky to get to sit inside of it!
Overall, a really fun day... with more fun that was to come... I'll be posting on that soon... I promise! :)

Jack ready for Spaghetti!
All smiles for this one... but, soon to come was a MAJOR MELTDOWN!
UH OH, she's starting to look tired... here it comes...

Amongst, all of the business with the Holiday Season, Brian's Father, Bill will be having surgery on his back on Thursday, Dec. 16th. Maggie and I will be traveling up to Lacey Wednesday evening, to be with Grandma/Brian's Mother, Karen during the surgery. There is some extensive damage that needs repair, and so we are hoping and praying that the surgery goes well, and Dad begins to feel relief of the non-stop pain he has been having for so long now. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers - during his surgery, as well as his recovery.


Maggie and I will travel home either Thursday evening, or Friday morning. As, Brian and I will be going to his firm's holiday party on Saturday night. It should be a LOT of fun, and I'm excited to get dressed up and go out with my hubby!!! I have a gorgeous dress that I found a few weeks ago, and am excited to wear it! Still on the "to-do" list is find some shoes.... eeek!!!! SO MUCH TO DO!!! Could be worse, right? I wouldn't say shoe shopping is on the bottom of my least favorite things to do ;).

Some fun pics for you all to enjoy...
Jack getting all buckled in... with a silly Daddy too!
Maggie, is that you? Yes, it is. You're so cute! And, look too adorable in your winter coat! It is a bit difficult to get her in her seat with her big coat, and she isn't a fan of the wrestling it takes, but once she's in... she's good to go!
With all of the Christmas shopping, I have found some LOVES that I just had to share... they are still at the store, well besides the Safari Chair... I keep thinking I'll find something I like more... or even better, something that is used and I can make it into exactly what I want... so no furniture buying for Maggie's room for now. She does need some type of small dresser/nightstand... but, I have in mind what I want. I'm thinking that will become a project AFTER the holidays! :)
 

Hugs and Loves to you all!
Hope you're all enjoying this incredible time of year!!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!